- Do I still need a professional photographer?
- Yes, we strongly recommend that you also use a professional photographer if possible. Professional photographers have the skills and equipment to capture photos that your guests may not be able to, but guests can provide candid scenes from many more angles of the wedding. Together, professional photographers and The Wedding Lens help provide the most comprehensive record of your precious wedding.
- Can I order prints of my photos?
- Rather than force you to use a particular printing service, we let you download full-resolution photos from Premium/Ultimate albums and print them on any service of your choosing.
- Can my guests order print photos?
- Yes, on Premium/Ultimate albums, your guests can download full resolution photos to print on other services.
- Can I delete photos that I don't want in my album?
- Yes. As the album host, you can delete any photo in the album, at any time. Guests can also delete photos that they have uploaded. To delete, view the individual photo and click the "Label/Rotate/Delete" link on the left sidebar.
- How much does it cost?
- Albums range from $10 to $8 a month for various features and term lengths. Please see our plans page for more details.
- Is my album public for everyone to see?
All of our albums are fully private and won't be viewable by the public. Only the people that you invite to access your album and upload photos can see your photos (either via email or with the access code).
If you had a Standard (free) account prior to June 18, 2010, your best photos may be viewable by the public in our galleries. These galleries help us share a small sample of the outstanding photos that The Wedding Lens helps couples collect.
- When does my album subscription time start?
- Your subscription time starts on your wedding date. If you need more time, you can renew your album after the initial term expires.
- Do you sell or distribute the email addresses I upload to anyone?
- Absolutely not. We respect your privacy and do not give any email addresses to anyone outside of our organization.
- How do I get a refund?
- Contact us we will gladly refund your money if you are not 100% satisfied.
- How do I create an account?
- Click here.
- I forgot my user name or password. Help!
- You can click here to retrieve your password.
- Why does it look like I have an account if I haven't joined yet?
- When you access an album using the event access code, you're logged in as a guest of the album. If you want to be able to save your favorites, download, or login at a later point, you need to set your email and password by clicking on "Your Account" in the upper right of any page.
- How do I access an album?
- If you're a guest, you'll need the URL of the album and an access code - you can get this from the host. Alternatively, the host can send you an invitation email which will have a personal access link for the album.
- How do I extend my album's subscription?
- When viewing your album, click on the "Manage" tab, then the "Album Settings" sub-tab. Then click on "Renew" or "Upgrade".
- How do I upload photos?
- When you're viewing an album, click on the "Upload" tab. Select (or create) a set to add the photos to. Click on "Choose Multiple Photos" to open a file explorer. Select your photos then click "Start Uploading!". We currently only support digital images in our wedding albums.
- How do I upload multiple photos?
- To select many different photos, hold down the CTRL key while clicking on the photo filenames. To select a range of photos, click the 1st photo of the range, then hold down the SHIFT key and click the last photo of the range.
- Why don't my photos show up right away?
- We process the photos you upload to help share them with everyone. It takes a just a few minutes for them to appear in the album, but it's worth the wait!
- What kind of files can I upload?
- You can upload files that end with gif, jpg, or png.
- How do I download photos?
- There are 2 ways to download photos (Premium/Ultimate albums only):
Download a single photo:
- Click on "View Full Size" when viewing a photo.
- Click on "File" then "Save As" on your browser to save the file to your computer.
Download all the ones you want:
- Click on "Add to favorites" when viewing a photo you want. This queues it for download.
- When you're ready to receive all the pictures, click on the "Download" tab and put in your email address and click "Send these photos".
- An email will be sent to you with a link to download all your selected photos.
- The file is a "ZIP" file. Double click to unzip it and extract the files.
- Download a single photo:
- How do I sort my photos?
Only album hosts can sort photos. Photos are sorted by: (1) The set they are in; (2) the order in the set.
To sort all your photos, follow these steps:
- Create and order your sets
- Go the Manage section by clicking on the "Manage" tab.
- Go to the Photo Set Editor by clicking on the "Edit Photo Sets" tab.
- From here you can create new sets or order the sets by dragging the set names up and down the list.
Categorize all your photos into sets
- Click on the "Manage" tab, then the "Categorize Photos" subtab to go to the Photo Manager
- Select which set of photos you want to edit by using the drop down menu and clicking "Show Photos". To get all the uncategorized photos, pick "-Uncategoried-" (if it doesn't show up, that means all your photos are categorized).
- Go down the list of photos and click the checkboxes next to the photos you'd like to assign to a different Set.
- Below all the photos, choose the Set you'd like to move these photos to.
- At the bottom of the page, click "Recategorize" to update the photos.
Order the photos in the sets
- Click on the "Manage" tab, then the "Sort Photos" sub-tab to go to the Photo Sorter.
- Pick a set to sort by selecting it from the drop down menu then clicking "Show Photos".
- Drag the photos into the order you want them displayed.
- When you're done sorting, click the "Done Sorting!" button.
- Create and order your sets
Have a question that's not here? Email Us or use the contact form below.